, welcome to the ParishCouncil.net Discussion Forum   »   Log in

Clerk Not Available for Annual Meeting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ParishCouncil.net Forum Index -> Parish Clerk Qualifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave2951
3 Star User
3 Star User

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Clerk Not Available for Annual Meeting Reply with quote

I have just been elected as a new Councilor. For our first meeting the Clerk is not available. I am informed that a member of the public has been asked to stand in for him. His only connection with the PC is that he is a past member. This will be the first meeting for a number of new members with the standard forms to be completed ie signing up and Interest issues. Is this in order.
dave2951
3 Star User
3 Star User

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I managed to find the answer myself. No it is not ok. Section 83 and 112 of the Local Government Act answer this. The only person who can stand in for the Clerk is a member of that Council and as now none of us are Councilors until signed up this will prove very difficult. To add to that the Clerk needs to be a witness when you sign up, So we may end up with no Council for some 3 weeks after election. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ParishCouncil.net Forum Index -> Parish Clerk Qualifications All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: