, welcome to the ParishCouncil.net Discussion Forum   »   Log in

Parish Notice Boards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ParishCouncil.net Forum Index -> Communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
new guy
2 Star User
2 Star User

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Parish Notice Boards Reply with quote

I'd like to know how many councils out there do not have a village notice board and how they manage to communicate with their community.

To my continual frustration, my own village does not have a village noticeboard and it's one of the main reasons I recently stood for election to the council.

Last year I went to my parish council as a member of the public to request that they provide a public notice board but their excuse was that it would be vandalised. In the early 1980's, the parish council used to have a wooden noticeboard, which was sited in a busy location within our village but it was continually vandalised and the council made the decision to remove it and for all notices etc to be placed inside our local library, which is only open to the public 23 hours per week.

From what I can gather, the minutes are not displayed on any walls of the library, they are inserted into a folder which is placed on a shelf at the far corner of the library. The agendas are not made public prior to any meetings, despite my request as a member of the public. Some notices are placed on the wall inside the library but the majority of documents seem to get placed inside the same minutes folder.

I should add that the financial reserves of the council were approx £100K so they could easily afford a new noticeboard.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.
Gavin
3 Star User
3 Star User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this has been around on the forum unanswered for a while!

Hi New Guy - are you still using the forum? If so, how are things coming along now?

It would be great to have an update on how (if) you've dealt with some of these issues.

Hope to hear from you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ParishCouncil.net Forum Index -> Communications All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: