, welcome to the ParishCouncil.net Discussion Forum   »   Log in

compromised on planning procedure?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ParishCouncil.net Forum Index -> Questions from the Public
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terri

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: compromised on planning procedure? Reply with quote

i am purchasing a build plot, after a site vist I was in my car and approach by gentleman saying he was chairman of PC. He said that all detailed planning would be opposed for the site.
Is this correct can he do this without any thing going to committee first, has the planning procedure been compromised? Where do I go from here for help? Do I ask the county council to help??????
charper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: compromised on planning procedure? Reply with quote

terri wrote:
i am purchasing a build plot, after a site vist I was in my car and approach by gentleman saying he was chairman of PC. He said that all detailed planning would be opposed for the site.
Is this correct can he do this without any thing going to committee first, has the planning procedure been compromised? Where do I go from here for help? Do I ask the county council to help??????

Hi Newbie

My advice to you would be:
1. Phone up the parish Clerk and find out whether the planning application has been presented.
2. Contact the District Councillor and County Councillor and explain your problem.
3. Attend the next council meeting and during the 10 minutes allotted for Parishioners ask your question.
4. Go on to the District Council's Website and find your application through the Planning Portal.

Parish Councils are consultative bodies only and their powers are very limited as I have found out when our Parish Council tried to block a planning application. I have found that if the site has planning permission the planning application will invariably be granted by the District Council but not necessary on the first attempt. There may be restrictions on what you want to do, but keep at it and ignore the chairman of the PC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ParishCouncil.net Forum Index -> Questions from the Public All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: