, welcome to the ParishCouncil.net Discussion Forum   »   Log in

Tanklersley Parish council Website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ParishCouncil.net Forum Index -> Your Parish Council Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richardgarforth
3 Star User
3 Star User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Tanklersley Parish council Website Reply with quote

Hello,

We have launched a new Parish Council website

Please have a look and let me know where I am going wrong

Tankersley Parish council

Also we are launching a Road Safety campaing for the A6135 in conjunction with Wentworth Parish Council. it can be found here

The A6135 Accident Reduction Group

regards
richard
cath_p
5 Star User
5 Star User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Tanklersley Parish council Website Reply with quote

richardgarforth wrote:
Hello,

We have launched a new Parish Council website

Please have a look and let me know where I am going wrong

Tankersley Parish council

Also we are launching a Road Safety campaing for the A6135 in conjunction with Wentworth Parish Council. it can be found here

The A6135 Accident Reduction Group

regards
richard

Hi , it looks pretty good at the moment, but it does need updating. take a look at some others around , they are always a good guide, lots of Parishes have websites now
Gavin
3 Star User
3 Star User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard!

The website is coming along nicely! I'm sorry to read of your recent loss.

Suggestions that might help:

I suspect you're using one Master page? I'd recommend using 2 instead. Use the first for your home page and main pages, and the second for all the minor or sub- pages. The 'Parish Council Powers’ page could do with revisiting, as the table goes under the advertisement, and has excess lines at the bottom: Some simple tidying up there. The link to DEFRA needs updating, and change the setting so the link opens in a new window - this stops people leaving your site.

Second suggestion for now, add a Google Map page. You can customise Google Maps and add specific markers for things like shops, church, surgery, landmarks etc.. Don't settle for Google’s default settings - you can change the size and view before putting it into your website! I'd be happy to assist if you need help.

Are you using a template provided by the Host? I find using an independent program to create websites is much easier and far more flexible. I use Serif WebPlus, (a purchased program) but there are plenty of good options. A lot of freebies come with hidden extras like advertising or harvesting emails – use cautiously.

Otherwise, my only suggestion is to play! Lots!

Have fun.

Gavin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ParishCouncil.net Forum Index -> Your Parish Council Websites All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: