, welcome to the ParishCouncil.net Discussion Forum   »   Log in

Hello from Hedge End Town Council

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ParishCouncil.net Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgeFraser

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Hello from Hedge End Town Council Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just found this site. I've been a member of Hedge End Town Council for a quarter century.

Our website fell into disrepair for several reasons, including the reason that it was designed by an outsider, was too complicated, and our office staff could not maintain it properly.

I helped them to get a new site running (www.hedgeend-tc.gov.uk). It's very incomplete at the moment but I have had some promises of more content from other members and office staff. It is very simple - only uses html and css and should be fairly simple for non-nerds to update.

I wish forum.parishcouncil.net well and am a little surprised and disappointed that has so little activity on it. We all need to be less parochial!
Gavin
3 Star User
3 Star User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George

I'm a newbie here too! I came across this while researching potential layouts for our PC website, as well as looking for advice with regard to one or two issues.

You have a nicely developing website there! It looks like it’ll be easy to maintain, and fortunately most web design programs help that, so long as everyone uses the same one! I use Serif myself, which isn’t terribly popular, but I’m too old to get to grips with Dreamweaver or any of the other major players. That and expense, too.

Only one minor critique and I hope you don’t mind, but the ‘Working with you’ and ‘Working for you’ are 2 brilliant statements to have in the headline, but using what looks like WordArt doesn’t really work. Keep them in, but change the format?

If your program has the ability to jazz up letters and words, try applying some 3D effects, especially bevel & emboss – they’ll also give some depth to the page. My daughter is forever pulling me up on producing ‘flat’ pages! She loves to see depth, shadows and some small movement. I have a small analogue clock on one site just for the movement! I have to admit, she’s right! Curses!

Regards

Gavin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ParishCouncil.net Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: