, welcome to the ParishCouncil.net Discussion Forum   »   Log in

Getting People Involved?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ParishCouncil.net Forum Index -> Parish Plans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ParishCouncil.net
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Getting People Involved? Reply with quote

How do you get people to complete send back your Parish Plan Questionnaires?

It is a big problem for Parish Councils, especially because of limited funds and growing community apathy.

Do you have any suggestions for things that could help?
angie456
3 Star User
3 Star User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We looked at the idea of a raffle and each person who submitted a reply to the parish plan would get an automatic entry. The problem was that we were not allowed the show the identity of the people sending in their parish plans and so we were not allowed to do it. It still think that it was a good idea though.
symonds
3 Star User
3 Star User

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that gimmicks such as raffles can make people send back their Parish Plan questionnaires, but I do not think that they are the right way to go. People should be pleased to be part of the local community, and to be taking an active role.

I think that better communication with everyone in the village is the way forward. websites are a good way to do this, but so are good newsletters and face-to-face communication.
cath_p
5 Star User
5 Star User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooo what are parish plan questionnaires?

cath x
symonds
3 Star User
3 Star User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Good to see people replying to the topic - I thought it had gone dead, and was surprised to get a notification that someone had replied!

Parish Plan questionnaires are basically a way to get feedback from the locals about what they want included in their parish plan - a way to get info from them about what they want to go on in the village.

There was some debate about how to encourage responses - i was against using gimmicks like prize draws for returned questionnaires and that sort of thing - mostly because I believed that the local community should want to be involved, and also because I believed that the replies should be annonymous.

Glad to see someone use the forum again! I had one of the first posts on here, and it never go answered (wanted cheap paper for the questionnaires!!), so I am delighted to see that someone is still interested.

Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have in milton keynes a dedicated parish liaison team at MIlton Keynes Council. i have notified them of this site and asked them to put it in the newsletter that they issue to all parish councils in and around milton keynes. (45 in all) i am also going to the NALC conference this weekend and will be spreading the word there too

cath x
symonds
3 Star User
3 Star User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea. We have someone going to the conference too, so I will email them to do the same.
Chris
3 Star User
3 Star User

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting People Involved? Reply with quote

ParishCouncil.net wrote:
How do you get people to complete send back your Parish Plan Questionnaires?

It is a big problem for Parish Councils, especially because of limited funds and growing community apathy.

Do you have any suggestions for things that could help?

On the other hand how do you get the Parish Council to act on the Parish Plan?

Our village completed a Parish Paln questionnaire nearly 2 years ago and to date nothing has been done or have we seen the results of the plan. We have tried contacting the clerk to request an update but to date just receive deafening silence!! Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ParishCouncil.net Forum Index -> Parish Plans All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: