, welcome to the ParishCouncil.net Discussion Forum   »   Log in

Virtual contact details

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ParishCouncil.net Forum Index -> Communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zweitaktmotor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Virtual contact details Reply with quote

Hi,

In larger organisations and in the business world, it is quite common to use generic contact details (such as "sales@xyz.co.uk") instead of real names. Obviously, the advantage is that roles and people can change, but the contact will always stay the same.

We are wondering if the same could / should apply to the Parish Clerk? An e-mail address is not too difficult to set up, but what about a forwarding telephone number and a PO box address?

Is this allowed? Which services can be recommended?

At the moment, our clerk is using her own details, but we feel this is not ideal. For instance, she might be subjected to verbal abuse if we display her phone number in public places.

Many thanks for your opinions,

Holger
Crewcut

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I would definately not use the clerks home details, I would suggest an email addy like clerk.myparishcouncil@virginmedia.co.uk or similar, re telephone I suggest the Parish council purchase a cheap pay as you go Mobile which the clerk can receive calls on and that No can be advertised, and possibley have all post sent c/o you local post office where the clerk can collect the post, if that is not possible then you may have to rent a PO box at a larger post office or a commerical concern.
Regards Crewcut
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ParishCouncil.net Forum Index -> Communications All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: