, welcome to the ParishCouncil.net Discussion Forum   »   Log in

Parish council website games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ParishCouncil.net Forum Index -> Fun and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamden

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Parish council website games Reply with quote

You mention on your website, and in the last newsletter (April) that you can make online games for your websites. Can you tell me where some are, so that I can see how good they are (actually I just want to have a play with them!) Very Happy
angie456
3 Star User
3 Star User

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very good point. It would be great to have a go on some 'Parish Council' Games, though I cannot for the life of me envisage what they would be like!!!
ParishCouncil.net
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are very sorry for the (VERY!) late reply to this post.

Go to our new example parish council website to see a live working example of a Parish Council Hangman game!

www.example.parishcouncil.net/games.php

If your council wanted one of these, we could make it to spell out words or phrases that are synonomous with your local village / community.

Have fun!!
tom
3 Star User
3 Star User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this! Very Happy

What words can you have included?
ParishCouncil.net
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom wrote:
I like this! Very Happy

What words can you have included?

Tom,

Thank you for asking. The short answer is that you can have any words that you want. If you really wanted you could have the entire Oxford Dictionary included (though this may take a while to put together for you!).

Of course, this is all within reason - we don't want any rude words appearing on Parish Council websites! Laughing

Thanks again for asking,

ParishCouncil.net
cath_p
5 Star User
5 Star User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nice to see some drifters using the site again, i like this site and its a shame its going to waste . so come on you lot tell other clerks etc about it lol ....... Cool Wink
Gavin
3 Star User
3 Star User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to entertain:

On my village website, to avoid the tedious boredom of seeing the same, infrequently updated page everyday (I am a busy chap, after all) I found this little gem of a website:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com

It's a total freebie! I have scattered these throughout the website and I get a few extra visitors (especially repeat visitors) who come on just to play! It's really easy to add to your website, and there's quite a few items to choose from. There are some good articles worth putting on, too. Best of all, it's maintenance free - you do nothing once you're happy with the placement. One tip, the depth of some articles can vary a bit, so ensure you allow enough space below. Either add items individually or in custom-picked groups.

Next, I've create a free community forum from:

www.freeforums.org

That comes with loads of games! I found one a bit gruesome so I took it off. It also has a calendar! Fairly easy to set up and use - I'd allow a half-day to get familiar with it before going live. It's completely free, but I decided to have some extra options (including ad-removal and my own domain name) so pay for those.

There are other things like juke-boxes, radio stations, BBC News feeds, Weather Forecasts, Horoscopes, BBC Sports, iPlayers, and all sorts of widgets/gadgets, clocks, jokes, that can be added - use Google to shop around - you'll find tons of free stuff. Don't overdo it, though. Make sure you're open to feedback - actively seek comments from your visitors or build a 'consumer panel' to keep you on track.

Best regards

Gavin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ParishCouncil.net Forum Index -> Fun and Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: